Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spontaneous Road Trip to Blanding

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
So friends, a while back my grandma and grandpa Harold came down to Arizona from their little town of Blanding (a town of which I am related to a rediculous percentage of the population) to get their hairs cut and to visit their favorite family! Well, while they were down here they decided to solve the problems they've been having with their little Hundai Santa Fe by purchasing a brand new beautiful Rogue! However... how on earth would they be able to get TWO cars back up to Blanding? And what would they do with their Santa Fe? Thankfully my mom and I swept in to save the day! We decided to keep the Rogue with us to break it in until we could find a weekend to drive it up to them and trade them... the Rogue for the Santa Fe. So... the weekend was decided upon, Sydnee was invited, and an adventure was had!

1. There is nothing really to say about this picture other than the fact that my family is adorable... we're pretty dang attractive people if I do say so myself!
2. Indian ruins... pretty much one of the coolest things ever, and they're practically in my gradma and grandpa's backyard! It blows my mind how they were ever able to live on the side of these giant cliffs! Or how their buildings could ever last this dang long.
3. Yes, yes I am wearing my sunglasses over my "see-ing" glasses... I really ought to invest in some perscription sunglasses, but this is just so much easier... you know, besides the whole glasses-sticking-twelve-inches-away-from-your-face aspect of it.
4. Even though Harold is techincally my step-grandpa and his addition to the family has been pretty recent, I am so thankful that I finally get to have a grandpa to do things with! My papo (grandpa Reed) was a fantastic man, and is missed dearly, but I really don't remember much about him besides his suffocating bear hugs. He'll never be replaced in a million years, my heart still has a special place for him, but my heart has been able to grow for Harold, and for the first time since I don't know when I have a "grandma's house" to be able to go to, and a "grandpa" to be able to do things with... what more could I really ask for??? Nay, I tell you... there is none! :)
5. Oh my grandma did not want us going out on those four-wheelers... bless her heart... we went anyway. :)
6. I will never understand how these two hot mamas manage to have perfect hair after riding around Blanding on four wheelers... I just... will never.
7. Okay, near the end of our day on our short trip my mom suggested the idea of going to visit the cave house. Oh you've never heard of the cavve house? Well, simply put, it is as its name suggests... a house in a cave! It's been on shows, in magazines, and my grandma happens to work in the Monticello Temple with the owners, so hey! Since we'd never actually seen it we figured we'd go pay it a visit! Little did we know that in order to visit this elusive house that we'd have to zig zag down a giant canyon and twist around the bottom of said canyon FOREVER AND AFTER just to figure out they weren't home... but at least we got some laughs and far away pitcures. :)
8. I am ashamedto admit that I was too scared to ride on the four wheeler with my seester... alright, I was nervous to ride the four wheeler in general. She was a great driver though, and I was silly to be nervous. I didn't even hold on the whole time, only for the big hills and sharp turns. :) What a "big girl" moment!
9. That morning at breakfast we noticed that our gallon of milk randomly had the name ERIC stamped onto it after the expiration date. We laughed and joked about it being the name of the cow it was milked from... later on our four wheeling adventure we came across a cow leg just a-chillin' in the middle of the path and we were saying, "Poor Eric" for the rest of the trip. :)
10. We also paid a visit to the elk... yes, elk. There were dozens of 'em just penned up! I tried taking a picture of them from the car, but I couldn't get the camera to stop focusing on the fence! I was about to delete the pictures until I discovered how cool they actually looked!

What are some of your places to go to? Do you prefer road trips over other forms of travel? Have you ever seen a cow leg just a'chillin in the road before? Please, lovelies, do tell! :)


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs