Now that I'm a "big kid" and I'm out of school and I have a new-to-me car (what? Didn't I tell you about Norma Gene?) there are a few things that are expected of me... namely, providing my own income.
Guys, you have no idea just how badly that scares me! When I put myself mentally in a fast food place, behind a regester, or on the floor of some retail store... well... we'll just say that Lurtz represents my prospective job in some chain company or fast food joint, and the child represents me.
Yep, I'd say this is pretty dang accurate.
Nevertheless, I know that I must find some place to employ me after my 18th birthday if I'm ever to aspire to anything greater than a bum who's living at home for college. Right?
So here's what I'm doing, yes I'm man-ing up and applying to places, BUT I'm starting with places that don't make me feel like getting sick all over the Queen of England's coronation dress. For example: Joannes and Michaels (fabric and cratfs store... heaven... plus they always smell like scented pine cones... anybody else get the Spongebob reference?), Bath and Body Works and/or Bath Junkie (again... maybe I'm just modivated by smells), Hallmark (I seriously doubt I'll get attacked by any vicious Supersize Me's in the Hallmark store), Hobby Lobby (kind of my second home), some small clothing store like Romy, Clothing Co., or Charming Charlie (nothing like Macy's or JC Pennys where I'm bound to get my life screwed up by the mob), or my personal favorites Barnes and Noble (can you think of a more chill atmosphere?) or PetsMart (did you know that you don't need to have any experience or credentials to be trained as a pdog trainer there... oh my... that is SO my forte!!!).
Now aside from applying to various places, I am also looking into getting Respit Certified to work as an aide with special needs children. However, I am not 100% sure about the direction quite yet. I still need to pray a bit more about it, and look a little bit further into it, but as far as a good, flexible, rewarding, and well-paying job for college it's pretty sweet! It's also within my area of expertese, because I've basically been babysitting since I was 11!
AND aside from that I'm going to work on putting my good talents to use for my own personal gain. Mhmmm, I'm a monger. I'm going to work on refining some of my sewing and channeling my creativity and I'm going to try and make stuff to put in my mom's Etsy shop. I already know how to make corny bags (which are sent from heaven I tell you... once you use one, you're hooked!), and sicne big projects frustrate me I'm going to make baby things: burp cloths, onesies, bibs, etc. Things that wil be small little projects, but can still bring in a sall amount of income for me (hopefully). I'm also going to look into providing clarinet lessons. I mean, I've played for long enough, I've taken lessons for years, and I have some credentials under my belt.
We'll just see where it all goes from here. Just keep my broke, anxious little self in your prayers please. :)
Peace and Blessings.
PEACE and BLESSINGS.
Yep, I'd say this is pretty dang accurate.
Nevertheless, I know that I must find some place to employ me after my 18th birthday if I'm ever to aspire to anything greater than a bum who's living at home for college. Right?
So here's what I'm doing, yes I'm man-ing up and applying to places, BUT I'm starting with places that don't make me feel like getting sick all over the Queen of England's coronation dress. For example: Joannes and Michaels (fabric and cratfs store... heaven... plus they always smell like scented pine cones... anybody else get the Spongebob reference?), Bath and Body Works and/or Bath Junkie (again... maybe I'm just modivated by smells), Hallmark (I seriously doubt I'll get attacked by any vicious Supersize Me's in the Hallmark store), Hobby Lobby (kind of my second home), some small clothing store like Romy, Clothing Co., or Charming Charlie (nothing like Macy's or JC Pennys where I'm bound to get my life screwed up by the mob), or my personal favorites Barnes and Noble (can you think of a more chill atmosphere?) or PetsMart (did you know that you don't need to have any experience or credentials to be trained as a pdog trainer there... oh my... that is SO my forte!!!).
Now aside from applying to various places, I am also looking into getting Respit Certified to work as an aide with special needs children. However, I am not 100% sure about the direction quite yet. I still need to pray a bit more about it, and look a little bit further into it, but as far as a good, flexible, rewarding, and well-paying job for college it's pretty sweet! It's also within my area of expertese, because I've basically been babysitting since I was 11!
AND aside from that I'm going to work on putting my good talents to use for my own personal gain. Mhmmm, I'm a monger. I'm going to work on refining some of my sewing and channeling my creativity and I'm going to try and make stuff to put in my mom's Etsy shop. I already know how to make corny bags (which are sent from heaven I tell you... once you use one, you're hooked!), and sicne big projects frustrate me I'm going to make baby things: burp cloths, onesies, bibs, etc. Things that wil be small little projects, but can still bring in a sall amount of income for me (hopefully). I'm also going to look into providing clarinet lessons. I mean, I've played for long enough, I've taken lessons for years, and I have some credentials under my belt.
We'll just see where it all goes from here. Just keep my broke, anxious little self in your prayers please. :)
Peace and Blessings.
PEACE and BLESSINGS.




No comments:
Post a Comment