This morning was a good one. A very good one indeed. Choir went splendidly. You the kind... the kind where everybody seems to have woken up with the voice of a goddess, but not just any kind of goddess, a goddess who's voice attracts exotic birds and makes stone fountains of angels in loin cloths holding water pitchers overflowing with chocolate next to a fresh strawberry bush... that kind. :)
Magic.
Upon leaving my gloriously edifying first hour (wow... never thought I'd say that about Sarge's class... *shrug*) Mimi and I were walking to our second hour. Second hour is government. We were thrilled as could be *coughcough* to be watching *coughcough* a movie about a hung jury (much better than we anticipated let me tell you).
A girl walked in front of me. She dropped the rather large blank canvas that she had been carrying onto the ground. Without thinking I stooped quickly to help her lift the white canvas off the stank funky (Glozell reference?) nasty-crap court yard ground and I realized, Hey! This girl goes to my seminary class! And thought nothing of it for the rest of the day.
She did, however.
She gave the scriptural insight at the begining of class today and she shared the very story that I had already forgotten about from this morning. I won't go into detail... but it really touched me and opened my eyes to the fact that one. small. thing. DOES. make. a. difference. It does! Andm aybe you won't get the opportunity to figure out that that difference is like I did today... correction... 99% of the time you won't have the opportunity to figure out what that difference is, but that doesn't make it any less important.
So lovelies, look outside of yourselves today. Take that natural human introspective tendancy and flip it inside out. Seek out opportunities to helpe those around you and make someone's day brighter, you will be indirectly and ever so clandestinely making yours brighter as well. :)
...
...
...
...
This post is a true story. And I did plan on blogging about it. But it was mostly thereputic for me to helpe ease the pain of a terrible tragedy that I, Jadyn Maree, have barely survived. I'm not sure if I should burden you with the details of this more than unfortunate tale... but this is my journal. So deal with it, aight? :)
Last night I decide enough was enough.
My room had turned into a cave barely fit to inhabit any living creature, with laundry covering every inch of the floor and of my bed (which was un-made let me add), school papers covering every inch of my desk with voxes, wrappings, and Sadie Hawkins things piled on top, shoes EVERYWHERE, and a smell that only comes when a room has been this dirty for this long (which always magicaly disappears when the room is tidied... so perhaps the stench is a psychological phenomena... no matter).
So I did what any responsible teenager would do... I started with the laundry. I removed my jeans, removed my cell phone from the pocket, set it gently on the bed (remember that detail my fine friends), put on some jammie pants, and started with my darks. I then proceeded to gather all of the clean clothes that were scattered about my room and carried them down stairs to fold.
I sat on my mama's bed and watched Dissapeared (a missing persons documentary show... love) with her whilst folding the laundry. Twas a great time! Well once the laundry was all done, and after all of the cases were solved I carried the newly folded laundry up to the cave.
Upon entering my room I noticed my phone... oh yeah! I left it up in my room! Well I'm not that popular, not much could have happened in the last couple of hours right?
Wrong.
Remember my friend Rexx you guys? That awesome priest that I asked to Sadie Hawkins who I absolutely LOVE?!? (Psh! You guys thought that was a secret?) Well he had called me. He also sent me a text from his mother's cell phone (he doesn't have one of his own) asking if I was available to text. I responded, apologizing for my two hour absence. His mother responded saying that Rexx was gone now and had just wanted to get a hold of me...
...well darn.
Not gonna lie, I was curious as the the reason behind his call.
I didn't find out until about five minutes after I got home from school.
I hopped onto Facebook and happily perused through the myriad of status updates and stumbled across one in particular that my dearest friend Lindsay had posted.
"I was so lucky to get to go to the Fun. concert tonight with Regan Montierth and Rexx :) They even played my favorite song (The Gambler)!!! I can't wait to buy their new album!"
I responded jokingly and told her that I was insanely jealous (which was true... this was no ordinary concert. It was a smallish studio concert... dudes... Fun. is one of my absolute favorite bands EVER! And we had been having conversations about this concert in English that very day) and wished I could have gone.
And do you know what the response was?
Or better yet shall I tell you what Rexx had been calling me about last night?
You guessed it.
Lindsay's status last night should have read, "I was so lucky to get to go to the Fun. concert with Jadyn Maree and Rexx..."
I could have gone to the Fun. concert last night.
With Lindsay.
And Rexx.
Words.
Can.
NOT.
Describe... *deep breaths*
Needless to say, upon this realization I more than slightly resembled this...
...twas not pretty. And it will probably take a day or two to get over the sheer fact... I just... can't think about it. Ha ha ha, have you guys ever had moments like this?
Where you just want to band your head into a wall? :)
Goodness, if nothing else I have learned to always keep my phone within hearing distance while I am at home.
Now if you will excuse me I am off to eat my weight in ice cream.




No comments:
Post a Comment