Saturday, February 4, 2012

In Which I Make Up For a Lack of Documentation

This is just a warning folks. Be prepard for one long post.
And not just any long post... one lng picture post.
Because I am about to document my trip to the MIM (Musical Instrument Museum), and then give a much needed shout-out to my friends.
So are you ready? Brace yourself friends! Buckle your seatbelts! And feast upon the greatness of the Musical Instrument Museum!
I love how they make instruments out of anything they can find. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I bet you didn't know the first Ukelele looked like this!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The oldest harpsichord! Made before... check it... 1630!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Clarinets for the win!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
John Freaking Lennon's piano!!!!! :D
Photobucket
Really? Out of all the bands in the world they choose to imortalize the Jonas Brothers...? What has the world come to?
Photobucket

Photobucket
Elvis baby!
Photobucket
Leonard Bernstein's vest and baton!
Photobucket
An original West Side Story poster! :D
Photobucket
Phew! Now that that's over... :) Did I ever mention my catastrophe of last week? The one involving my voice?
Well let me tell you about it. I lost my voice completely last week. The week of the Talent Show. And also the week of Regional Auditions. And when I say completely lost, I honestly mean completely lost! I couldn't speak above a raspy whisper! At first it was no big deal, but as the Talent Show crept closer, my voice grew worse and worse. What were we to do?!? My friends and I pulled together to make the most of this tragedy and helped me do all I could to get better! Mimi went with me to Mr. Caryl's class to borrow a white board and marker to communicate with, and Camille brewed me giant pitchers of "voice juice" (affectionately nicknamed the "pee tea") which was about four different types of Herbal Tea, seven tea bags, and a dangerously unknown amount of honey and lemon juice... *shudder* ... BUT! All that aside, what really was the miraculous thing about this all was Wednesday night. We had just had an awful dress rehearsal for the Talent Show and I was seriously doubting whether I would be able to pull off a full recovery by the next morning. Speaking was exhausting now for me, and trying to mime everything was just frustrating. I didn't know what to do. Tearfully, but faithfully, I went to my dad and asked for a priesthood blessing. I knew now that if nearly three pitchers of "pee tea" couldn't heal me, that Heavenly Father could. I had done nearly every physical thing I could do to help myself, and I decided to turn it over to Lord. And in the morning? I was completely healed. This is not a story. This is real. And God is real. And this gospel is true, that's all I can say folks. That, and you know your friends are true when they'll brew you pee tea and mime-study for the vocab quiz with you. :)


Photobucket

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs