Dear "Old House",
Remember me? Yeah... I lived in you for the past 9 years. We had some good times. Can you come over here and teach the "New House" how to keep pests out? It's just not getting it, and the scorpions are starting to be a bit much.
Love Jadyn
Your favorite Hicks kid! :)
Twas my Facebook status today.
Let's hear the story behind it shall we...?
Well I have been devoting what free time I have on the weekends to getting my room all moved-in and clean and cute and good.
A good goal right? RIGHT! :)
I got TONS of stuff accomplished in my room over Labor Day weekend, and my first project for this weekend was getting my shoe rack/shoes put up.
All the shoes fit perfectly and nicely and it looks great.
Win.
I have sock monkey slippers from Target.
Win.
After I conquered the shoe ordeal, I entered my bathroom, hamper in hand, ready to tackle the small pile of clothes that had built up over the course of the week.
After lifting up one of my shirts I discovered this little fella who had been hanging out here for who knows how long!

Fail.
I have NEVER in my life been in this situation... like I said, at the Prairie house we just never had scorpions.
I immidiately searched for some sort of container to put over it while I alerted my mother... I was unsuccessful in this search... I ran upstairs to get her and left the critter unattended.
She told me to come back down to my room and guard it while she put on some Critter-Smashin' shoes.
I was absolutely thrilled to have this assignment... to say the least!

But the story ends happily... for me that is.
My mother came down and absolutely destroyed the thing!
Now his body (or what's left of it) is decomposing in the garbage can, while his yucky luquidy insides are stuck in my grout.
In the wise words of my mother, "We'll mop that up later..."
Yeah, scorpions don't stand a chance against us!

But my room is still a disaster, so let me give you a sneak peak of what it'll look like once I'm finished.
This is the very cleanest corner of the room.
EnJoY!
P.S. Our photoshoot didn't end up happening yesterday. Poor Lauren has been puking sick with the stomach flu and couldn't come. We have postponed the event to the end of October. In the meantime, keep Lauren in your prayers! The flu is the pitts! :(




1 comment:
Aw, I am feeling much better :) You are a sweetheart. And that scorpion just scared the crap out of me.
Post a Comment