This summer has been starting out good... so far. I'm participating in summer school {online} right now, so that isn't fun, but other than that life's good! I've accomplished/done/appreciated lots of fun things in the past couple of weeks, so I've decided to stop being lazy and post about them all!
I Held Snakes!!!
Yep, it's a ture story. I went over to my friend Erika's house {Erika's on the sidebar and in the last post} to hang out with her and my other friend Haley {Also on the sidebar & last post} and watch Pocahontas. Well, she had warned me earlier in our friendship {really just days before} that one of these days I'd have to hold her snakes... well, to make a long story short, I held them, loved them, and it took Haley about ten minutes to actually sit on the bed with us. I took these pictures with my phone and then took a picture with my camera, which explains the poor quality. So here, proof that I held snakes and actually liked them. They each have quite different personalities and it's funny to see that.


I don't care what any of you ladies think, but John Smith is dreamy... case closed.
I Taught Rylee how to Jump
Ok, before I get into this... you have to admit my dogs are CUTE!

Anyhow, Rylee has always LOVED obstacle courses. Even when she was a puppy, she loved to run behind the couch, circle around, and twist under the legs of kitchen chairs and barstools. Today she still loves to do that, just not as much {she's lazy}. This summer I decided that I'd copy a friend of mine and teach Rylee how to jump. I started out short and let her learn the command and then got higher and higher and she LOVES it!
As you can see, my mace-shift jump is in serious need of some TLC, but hey, at least I tried right?

First I have her sit...
Then tell her to "JUMP!" and she's off!
It's so fun to watch her because while she's in the air there's a moment of weightlessness where it looks like she's floating.


She just springs right of the ground and over the stakes!

But those of you who've ever met Rylee know that she's no dumb bunny, and she frequently tries to sneak arund the jump and still get the treat because she still "ended up on the other side".

Or she'd start going and then chicken out last minute.


All in all, I've been having fun with my puppy. She's a smart dog and it only took her one afternoon to get this down. Now we're just working on height.

I Got a Haircut
Yep, it's not very obvious, but I got my hair all fixed up yesterday by my wonderful new hairdresser Jill. She's pretty much the family hairdresser because she also does my sister's, moms's, grandma's, grandma's sister's, aunt's, and uncle's hair. It was only a mater of time before I started. She's a crack up and does a wonderful job!

I Got some CUTE Shirts!
Ok, I guess I didn't just get them, but I did a couple days before school got out so it counts.

This one's my favorite... and not JUST because it's purple.

Someday I want to get a cute vest to go with this. Maybe I'll borrow someone's...

This one cracks me up!!! Partially because I say "You Monster!" to my friends all the time, and partially because... it's FUNNY!



I Randomly Took Pictures of Plants Yesterday... I guess it's Just the Photographer in Me
For those of you who don't know this about me, I want to be a photographer when I grow up. Right now it's just inanimate objects and my two cute puppies that I photograph because I have yet to get a person willing enough to let me experiment on them... I can't be that bad. If I can get those two sheepdogs to sit still and pose for a camera I can surely get three boys under the age of 12 to do it... right?
I was really breezy/windy so it was hard to get lots of good ones that weren't blury.








Those are only a few of the ones I took, but anyhow, I guess it's time to finish packing for Girl's Camp... HOORAH for Girl's Camp!
*Some of you may or may not have noticed that my playlist changed! I decided that {especially wit h Girl's Camp and all} it was time to mellow out my music on this blog and change things up. How you like it.




4 comments:
AH! Jadyn you are so cute dang it! We need to hang out. But I can't go to the stake dance AGAIN this month because I'll be out of town.
See ya!
P.S. You can borrow my black vest anytime. I don't use it very much. :)
I love your hair!!! So stinkin cute!! Your blog is always so fun to read - youdef. have your mom's creative talents!!
I love your posts, they are so insightful. I loved your fashion show, you got some very cute shirts. Good thing I don't live so close any more I might try to borrow your clothes.
oh yeah, and you got some really pretty flower pictures, way to go Miss Photographer.
P.S. I bet you could talk Ashley into a photoshoot, she's always up for pictures.
Post a Comment