Monday, June 29, 2009

Quilting... Oh How I Love You!

Yes, it's true. I'm in love... with QUILTING! It really is sooo fun, and until very recently I forgot just how much I loved it.
I went through my mind today and found two very neat women who are expecting new additions to their cute families pretty soon that I really want to make quilts for. I want it to be a surprise, so we'll call them Heather and Cindy. Heather is having a little baby boy {yay for her!} and her's was easy to construct {I'll post a picture of it at the end of this post}. That, though, isn't the reason why I'm writing this post, I have a dilema with Cindy's quilt. She's having a sweet baby girl and those are sooo fun to make because we have much more girly fabric than boyish {this is because recently my aunts have all been having girls... it's a very good thing}. So... instead of making myself sad and frustrated and torn I've decided to let oyu all decide which one I should use. I've put together 7 different patterns and I'd like you all to vote on which is your favorite {I've names them all for voting purposes}. Whichever one gets the most votes is the one I'll use for Cindy's bundle of joy! On your mark... Get set... VOTE! please!
And the contestants are...
1. Ladybug
2. Sugarplum

3. Pixie Dust 4. Sweet 'n Sassy 5. Blossom 6. Sandbox 7. FroggerThank you so much for doing this. I appreciate it. If you have friends, ask them to hop onto your computer and vote please. Email, send it around, I'd like to get lots of opinions. Please and Thank You.

P.S. Here's Heather's cute boy blanket! Sorry it isn't the best lighting... oh quilting. How I love you!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Jadyn, may I first say that I miss you big bunches. It makes me sad to not see you everyday.
Anyway...
Things Jadyn needs to do:
1. Go shopping with Mimi.
2. Teach Mimi how to quilt.( A daring and dangerous task, believe me)
3. Let Mimi hear her voice. I need somebody to call me Mimi again. It's beginning to wear off.

Talk to you later, Jadyn! :)

Kellie said...

Hmm. I like the Ladybug one!

Stevens said...

Hey Jadyn! Thanks again for watching Natalee today. She even cried a little when you got out of the car. She missed you! I LOVE those patterns but especially the sandbox one. I love anything pink and brown for a baby girl. Frogger comes in a close second as I LOVE that green/blue and pink. You are so talented! Have fun making those quilts. The boy one is cute too...makes me even want to have a boy someday!

softballchick said...

That is awesome Jaydn! I wish I could do that....:)

The Weights said...

Your are so talented! Such an awesome photographer and quilter! I love the pink and brown I think it was called sandbox?
I hope you are having a wonderful summer! I wanted to see if you are available to babysit tomorrow night, maybe? Just let me know Thanks!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs