This year I was a 4th year so me and all of my lovely fellow 4th years set out a day earlier to do our pack-in. Let me just say, could I have asked for a more beautiful day? It was overcast, misty, chilly, breezy, and sprinkling! Holy cow, it was so rediculously gorgeous!
The begining of the hike was fairly tame. It was very open and easy to see the trail. The only thing was that it was VERY steep.
Again, could I have asked for a more perfect day? If I was to step over those bushes I would be falling do my death. That was a straight drop off, but we couldn't see a thing because of all the mist. It was so pretty!
As part of our hike, we were required to do some trail resotration by setting up kairns {I'm not sure if the spelling is correct}, clearing the trails, and making it clear which trail is correct if there's a fork... or something.
Here is one of our beautiful kairns.
We found a couple interesting things while doing this. For example:A diaper! I mean really? Are you really going to take your baby into the wilderness, change him, and then do a horrible job at disposing of it by burrying it a half millimeter under the dirt? Really?
Part of the fun of doing all of this was just being able to hang with all of our girly buddies. Treking through the wilderness with a bunch of girls can be really... interesting to say the least.

At some of the slower parts of the hike I took the oprotunity to photograph the beautiful nature all arounf us. It was stunning! Camp always leaves me breathless, not because I'm out of shape, but because of the fantastical {yes... I'm pretty sure it's a word} beauty of this amazing earth.



There were some pretty neat loking rocks along the way...

And some equally neatlooking plants.

Also some HUGE trees!
*This one we actually pulled down! It was in the trail and we totally took care of it.


As we got lower and closer to camp the trail started to become greener, and damper. We didn't know why though...
Until we noticed the lovely little stream.
We followed this lovely stream for most of the rest of the way till camp. I thought it was pretty darn cute!
But not as cute as the flowers that grew next to it! Check them OUT! They look like little fairies!
There were also a bunch of... these things. I couldn't tell if they were spider webs or... ugh, I actually have no idea what they were. But they were pretty nasty.
We also ran into some cute yellow flowers and...
...lovely purple flowers along the way.
To end the evening, the Apache Junction Stake let us use three of their un-used addies. This was very nice of them, but I couldn't help but be dissapointed. I was REALLY looking forward to sleeping in a tent for the first time at Girl's Camp. I mean, I always imagined Girl's Camp being in tents, you know?
Notice how light I packed? Not even a pillow!
Once all of our wards got back we moved into our real addies: the ones we would be staying in for the next four days. This one was ours. All of the fourth years from our ward plus Sister Blotkamp and Sister Jobe stayed in this one. Here is a before picture. This is what it looked like before we Girl's-Camp-ified it:
We applied nets...
...lovely signs displaying our name...
...lovely lights...
...and a fly swatter.
Viola! The finished product! Isn't it cute? I loved it!
While we were at camp we did many fun things such as:
Commiting random acts of service for the different wards at camp... after all, we were the sisters of service...
...learned how to treat nasty wounds...
...enjoyed the fact that our flag was sooo much cuter then anybody else's...
...braided hair...
...went canoeing {you can't tell from the picture, but we were one our way back from canoeing. It was some intenesly FUN times!}...
...went on a zip line... {okay, before we move on, let me just say that I was absolutely TERRIFIED to do this because when we were putting on this harness I was too little for it. They kept checking it and saying "Oo, can't you tighten it any more?" and I'd point out that it was tightened as much as it possibly could be, and so they'd pause and say, "Oh you'll be fine". I was seriously afraid for my life, so I tightened the leg loops as much as they possibly could. Though I nearly cut off the cirulation in my legs, I didn't fall out!}
...made fun crafts such as this pin wheel and bandana...

...met some of the local wildlife...
*This is Sintheeyuh, the snake that Erika caught and took home... she's very friendly.


...had some crazy fun times with our friends and leaders...






Like I said, I tried to shorten this, so I left much of camp out... but to put it all in a nutshell, this is what we did. Camp was seriously AMAZING! It is every year.
*For the record, I was told that I looked like Keira Knightly just about 1000,000,000 times while I was there! And there was a first, one leader told me that I didn't look like Keira, but Natalie Portman... that's never happened before. I guess that's nice of them though, both of them are very beautiful!





2 comments:
Wow, seriously Jadyn, that is the longest post I have ever seen by a mile. But I liked it. Your nature shots are fantastic, you are really good at those, quite lovely. It sounds like you had a great time. I miss all of you cute young women. Stephanie cracks me up. And I was thinking looking at your pictures that you are quite a beauty, even out in the wilderness. I can see the Keira and the Natalie, you are right they are both lovely ladies.
I love all your pic.- they are awesome!! YOu are the best!! I love this blog!!
Post a Comment