...that is I will be in a day and a half... close enough right? :)
Anyway, seeing as I'm pretty much done with my first trimester, and seeing as my secret is out in the open now, I figured I'd better start documenting this fun time in my life!
So yeah! You'll be getting pregnancy updates every now and again on here... just what you always wanted, I'm sure. ;)
So here we go!
How Big is the Belly? Any Signs of "Showing" Yet?
Here is the little teeny bump that is starting to poke out. To me it feels like it's totally huge and obvious but looking at this picture I guess that seems kind of silly... :) It sticks out most when I have either a full belly or a full bladder and this picture was taken with both of them empty. So this is about the smallest I've am anymore.
The way I described it to my friends, and the way my sister described it to me, is that feeling you get when you've eaten a little too much and so you just suck your gut in a bit... except now you've lost the ability to "suck it in". And my belly is firmer than it would be if I just had a big lunch... so yippee!
How Many Weeks?
I am thirteen weeks and five and a half days. On Wednesday I will be fourteen weeks. According to some places I've read you are considered in your second trimester at 12 weeks, and I've heard other places that it's 14... so either way, in just a little over a day I'll be in my second trimester no matter what! Crazy!
How Big is Baby?
Little baby Kerby is now a whopping 3 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 ounces and is about the size of a lemon! In the past week, he or she has developed fingerprints, a functioning intestinal system, and (according to Google images) has honed their rapping/beat boxing/gang-sign flashing skills... I never knew my baby was such a homie!
Any Pregnancy Symptoms?
Oh boy, lots! Up until just recently (knock on wood) I have been consistently nauseas and exhausted since I basically conceived. However, the nausea has toned down significantly except for right before I go to bed or if I haven't eaten recently or frequent enough. I'm also not so exhausted as I used to be (just in time for clinicals to already be over, woo hoo!) and can't seem to sleep in past 8:00 in the morning anymore (which may seem SO LATE for some of you, but before I could have slept through the entire day, woken up the morning after, and not realize I'd missed a whole 24-hour period in there). However, I do have one new symptom and that is these glorious headaches that seem to hit right between 7:30 and 9:00 (depending on what I'm doing and what I've eaten) and it's really just the bee's knees! ;)
Ha ha, honestly though... headaches are no fun, but I'll take the headaches and abdominal soreness I've been having over nausea ANY day!
Any Food Cravings/Aversions?
You see, this is the one thing that I just don't really understand. Most women talk about their pregnancy cravings and it's like, "Oh yeah! When I was pregnant with so-and-so I craved strawberries the WHOLE time!" Honestly? Not happening for me. The way it works for me, at least so far, is that I pretty much have aversions to everything... and then randomly I'll have a little spark pop into my brain and suddenly I'm like, "I really need a burrito right now". So no... no real cravings at all. Just little blips of food inspirations here and there.
How Has my Sleep Been?
Honestly not that terrible. I haven't started tossing and turning or waking up to pee in the middle of the night yet. I have found that I can't sleep in past a certain time anymore (which I mentioned earlier) but other than that, no real disturbances... I HAVE however been having the CRAZIEST dreams of my life recently, and multiple ones a night. They range in craziness from being a new stripper and having to learn on the job from my superior, Emma Watson, to having my baby cut out of me and placed in a zip lock baggy for my to take home... poor Taylor probably wakes up every morning wondering what I'm going to start explaining I dreamt of next. ;)
Any Thoughts on the Gender?
This is terrible... I'm so cocky with this that it's probably not going to be true but I have almost no doubts in my mind that this is a boy. I can't explain it, it's just what I think. Taylor agrees with me too and we've already started calling it a "he"... maybe we're jinxing ourselves, maybe not. We'll find out next month! So excited! :D
Have We Decided on any Names?
We do have a few in mind, but we've already agreed that we won't decide on or share the name until the baby is born. We think that the baby should have some say in what his or her (but probably his) name should be and so we want to meet the little cutie first. We also want to avoid the, "Oh... don't name your baby that, I knew somebody with that name once and they were wretched..." situation. So yes, we have thought of a few that we like... but you all will have to wait until November to find out what it is. Sorry! :)
---------------------------------------------------
And that's all folks! So far things are going pretty well and I can't wait until we have more exciting news to share.
Until next time!





No comments:
Post a Comment