Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Choir Retreat Pictures Part TWO! (Viewers' Discression is Advised)

I have decided something very important in my life.

Body image sucks.

I mean honestly, all we girls do these days is pick ourselves and each other apart for either being too ugly, or too cute, or too slutty (excuse the language), or too sloppy.

I mean really, what's the deal?!? Nobody has a perfect body, and nobody is supposed to!

I'm ashamed to admit that recently I have been struggling with this a little bit. I'm even more ashamed to say that those feelings normally follow the moment I admit to myself that I like a guy (...whose name will certainly not be revealed here...) and dude. How stupid is that?

I mean, I know I'm not perfect, and I'd eb the very first to admit that!

I have bushy eyebrows that require waxing. Plucking doesn't cut it.Photobucket


I'm hopelessly pear shaped once you get past my waist. My thighs have their own zip code.Photobucket


My hair is thin and wispy and doesn't enjoy behaving.


I have large teeth that had braces for threee years and still aren't straight.Photobucket


I have a straight nose. No curve in the bridge. Can you say masculine?Photobucket


I have skin that enjoys the sick company of pimples every now and again. I keep shooing them away, but my darned skin keeps inviting them back!Photobucket


But you know what?


I also have pretty green eyes under those bushy brows.Photobucket


And a cute small waist above those great big thighs.Photobucket


And my hair may be thin, but at least it's not heavy and thick and hot (no, not that kind of hot :).


And despite my teeth I have a nive smile.Photobucket


And on either side of my manly nose I have SUPER womanly-slightly-sunken-in-cheeks. I like them. Is that weird? :)Photobucket


And when my skin isn't being friendly with blemishes, it's soft and silky.Photobucket


I decided to screw it. None of my imperfections matter!


I am a good person. I care about people. I am talented. In my own way, I am beautiful. I have the absolute BEST friends a girl could ever ask for, and a family to match. I live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and anybody who tells me that I'm not good enough for this, "you must weigh under 110 pounds no matter what" world can go get a plane ticket to Madagascar.

I'll be waving goodbye to you in the terminal. :)

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs