Saturday, October 4, 2008

These Movies Either Made Me Cry, Or Made My Heart Smile

I have decided to make a list of my favorite movies. Not for anyparticular reason other than just feeling like it, so... if you want to know what my top ten favorite movies are, then read on. If not, then I suggest not reading on, going to a different URL, or just getting off the computer all together. Enjoy! =)

The Spitfire Grill
The Spitfire Grill is a movie that is a brilliant mixture of a feel good movie, and a sad movie. The problem when I saw it was that I was crying too hard to be able to actually get the lesson from it until about ten minutes after the movie was over!

LabrynthOk, well, what else can I say about this movie other than it makes me laugh every time I see it. It never gets old. We are currently watching it in my Honors English class and I am having a blast! It takes all of my self control not to jump up and sing along with all of the songs.

The Italian JobThough when I saw this particular movie I was sick as a dog, had my knees pulled up to my chest, was hundreds of feet off the ground in a plane, was in the VERY back seat, was stuck in the window seat next to two very obease passangers (This was onl bad because if I had needed to puke, I wouldn't have been able to) I still like the movie. It's a good one and keeps you on your toes. Despite the bad memories that are hooked to it, it's in my top ten.

The Little RascalsOh, just look at their faces! More than once I've yelled, "Dear Darla! I hate uour stinkin' guts!" for the whole world to hear. I sure hope that nobody named Darla heard me...

Napoleon DynamiteNow I know what a lot of you are thinking, but despite the fact that he's become "lame" and yesterday's best movie, Napoleon will always have a place in my heart.

The Phantom of the OperaThis is actually a funny story, but I'll make it short. I used to be terrified of this movie. I would curl up in a corner and cry if I heard the music to it. But one day, my mom had enough of it, rented the movie, and, after much persuason on her and my dad's part, had me watch it. I fell in love with it and haven't stopped singing Think Of Me ever since.

The Princess BrideOk, seriously, who DOESN't love this movie? This was one of my ultimate childhood favorites along with Labrynth growing up, and I still love it. Of course, I didn't fully understand the plot growing up, it never gets old.

Pride and Prejudice
Just incase some of you were wondering, I do prefer this one to older versions of the movie. THis one is more recent, had brethtaking music, and my celebbrity look-a-like stars in it. Though I agree that Keira Knightly and I share a few similarities in appearence, I have to say that our noses are NOTHING alike.

The Ultimate Gift*sigh* This is another one of those feel good/tear jerker movies. For me, of course, it was a water fall of tears by the end, but it has an AMAZING message! I fully reccommend it.


The Other Side of HeavenWell, I actually just watched this movie about 45 minutes ago on the BYU channel right after General Conference. Wow... what a movie. That's all I can really say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CranfordAlright, this isn't exactly a movie which is why it isn't in my top ten. However, I saw every single episode (there are like 5 or 7) in a row with my mom, so it was like a movie. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen! I reccommend this one as well. Though it's sad, it has the greatest plot. I'd have to say that I laughed more than I cried.


So there it is! My top ten favorite movies! Now, the order in wich I posted them doesn't have anything to do with which one is my favorite or not. Out of all fo them I would have to say that The Other Side Of Heaven is my favorite because of it's relation to the church. But other than that, they are all great movies! I would highly reccommend you pick these first for your movie nights.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Jadyn - You have some of my favorite movies on there too. These are all great ones.

Victoria Renae said...

Hey Jadyn! Love your blog! O.K. I started cracking up when i read those movies. Those are all of my favorites. love the Ultimate Gift, Princess Bride, and, of course, Napoleon Dynamite. My mom and I watch Pride and Prejudice almost nightly. It is the best ever!

See ya!

Stevens said...

Hi Jadyn. I like your list you made. I have only seen 5 of those movies so I have some catching up to do. Every time I see a preview for the "Dutchess" movie I also think of you cause you do look EXACTLY like Keira Knightly.
-Melissa

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs