Thursday, September 25, 2008

Laughter is Contagious, but Being Dragged Across the Floor is Another Matter...

Alright, so how do I begin? How about starting at 2nd hour. So, I was in math class grading my Warm Up when Mr. Yue says, "So how was everyones half day? Did anyone do anything fun?" and of course like seven people raised their hands. The majority of their days consisted of,

  1. I went home
  2. I ate some cereal when I got home
  3. Then I took a nap
  4. I woke up
  5. I watched TV
  6. I fell back asleep
  7. I ate some dinner
  8. I went to bed

I had heard this response so many times before that I just tuned out, until one girl in my class (we'll call her Sally) raised her hand and said, "Mr. Yue, I have a story." He said, "Okay." and she started. Now, what we need to get straight here is that Sally is filled with uncontrollable laughter. She cracks up at her own jokes before she says them, and it really is so fun to watch. So anyhow, she starts telling us a story about how her older sister's car ran out of gas and their friends had to push, and then they went to the movies and she got sick afterwards. But she could hardly take a breath between sentences. Just about everybody in the room was crying with laguhter just from watching her. So, after a while Mr. Yue had to get some ocntrol over his class so he sent Sally out of the room to calm down. The door was open and we could hear her laughter and we could see her pacing back and forth. Suddenly... silence. Sally walked back into the classroom with a calm, serious expression on her face. As she sat back down at her desk all she had to say was, "Sorry about that. Sometimes I just can't control my laguhter. Where were we?" So, ya. That was the Uncontrollable laughter that I mentioned in the title, now for the being dragged across the floor.

Now before I start this section of the post you all have to know about my fear of the choir teacher here at DRHS. His name is Mr. Sargent and he is SCARY! He is mad at me for not taking choir and as a result he follows me around campus and gives me ugly glares/looks. I know! But, the thing is, three of my very dearest friends (Mimi, Camille, and Rania) are totall hard core choir students and they love going into the choir room during lunch to hang out. I choose not to go with them whenever they do that... come on! I'm not being a bad friend... I hope. I just choose not to put myself in any more danger by entering Mr. Sargent's domain. So, now that that is explained, I can tell you what happened at lunch. So we were all right by the bathrooms in the 400 building (the 400 building is where the Band, Orchestra, Drama, and Choir rooms are) and we were just talking. (Just incase you were wondering, "we" is me, Mimi, Camille, Emily, Sam, and Jodi) So Camille pulls Emily to the side for a minute and once she gets back she says, "Ok, three, two, one..." It all happened really fast, but Camille, Mimi, and Emily all closed in one me at once! I didn't know really what was happening until we started moving. I had already dropped my Clarinet and I realized hat they were dragging me to the choir room! I planted my feet right then into the floor and I resisted as hard as I could... but flats can only do so much on a tile floor, and I fell. So I was now on my side, being dragged by three people byy one arm, and i was kicking and screaming the whole way! I'm going to take the time now, to apologize to any classes I may have disturbed during this time. Anyhow, I managed to get my backpack off and stand up, I thought I was going to be able to make a run for it, but Emily grabbed me and I was back on the floor being dragged by one arm. Mimi had taken the time to pick up my backpack, but by then Sam had already run into the hallway and restored the peace. I stood up, fixed my hair and breathed, "Well then!" I got my backpack back, and checked to see if I had gained any battle scars, and it turns out that I recieved a lovely scrape/burn/skin thing on my right knee, a small chunk out of my ankle, and and irritated bunyon. But hey, I have to say that it was pretty fun. I'm just thankfull that no teachers saw us and thought that we were having a fight, because we really weren't. In fact, I was laughing the whole time. So, that funniest part about this whole story is that after I had gotten my clarinet, backpack, and the bell had rung Emily cam up to me and asked genuinely with her big puppy dog eyes, "Jadyn... are you ok?" I laughed. I'm so glad that I had such good friends. I love you guys! And you know who you are!

4 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

Jadyn, you are so funny. I love to read your stories, you are a wonderful story teller. And you should write headline for a living too. ;0)

Heather said...

Hi Jadyn- cute blog you go goin on! I agree with Wendy you are a great writer!! Fun to read about your day. You need to get your mom started on a blog. :)

Stevens said...

Sounds like fun high school days! I agree too, you are a great writer Jadyn. I hope you are in advanced English. You should be (but the summer projects are not that fun!). Keep having fun!
-Melissa

Emily said...

haha my bad.
with the whole dragging thing, i mean.
cuz...that was my idea...

MiMi LOVES JADYN!!!! :D

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs