Alright Lovelies, you caught me. I haven't been on in a while. I have been purposely avoiding blogging about Regionals.
It didn't go so fab.
I think I'm starting to create a tradition.
I'm not a fan of this tradition.
January 29: 4:30 AM
AlArM rInGs!
I look at the clock and see what time it is, moan, and then close my eyes again. It's the nthat I remember what day it is. Regionals... dun dun duhhhhh! I turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.
6:30 AM
I wake up on my own, look at the clock, and think to myself, "Hmmmm, what time was I supposed to get up at again?" I replay the conversation I had had with my dad the night before... and I remember something about 8:30.... that must have been the time we were leaving! Well hot dog! That meant that I could sleep in another hour!
7:00 AM
My dad comes in and says in an annoyed tone, "Jadyn, it's 7:00." And I say in an annoyed tone, "I know!" He leaves and I think to myself, "Dude, what's his deal?" ...but then I think about it, and then I start putting the peices together, and then I realize... 8:30 is the time we were wanting to arrive at the audition, which meant that we were supposed to be leaving at 7:30, which meant that I needed to hi-tail it over to that bathroom and get ready STAT!
Ha ha ha, so Regional and Solo & Ensemble auditions themselves… *big sigh* it was sooo scary, but definitely not as traumatic as last year because hey! There was no snobby blonde! :D ...what? You don't remember her???
Remember now? :) Ha ha ha, so I could have done better on my Regional audition for sure, but that morning when we (we being Ally the Oboe player, Kaitlyn the Flute player, and me) got together to play our Trio piece for the judge, I wasn’t as nervous as I thought I’d be. I got there, met up with Ally and then warmed up. After we both warmed up we found Kaitlyn, ran through a few trouble spots, and headed in. The judge was super super nice ,and we got right in to play for her. After tuning, we started, and we played it so well! There were a few spots where the tuning was off and what not, but overall I think we played everything pretty accurate, and great! Apparently the judge thought so too because she gave us a superior rating! A SUUPERIOR! :D That's the highest rating you can get!!!!!!! :D Needless to say, I was beyond excited. So I drove back home with my dad (the audition was all the way out in Glendale/Peoria area… WAAAY far away) and we picked up some doughnuts on the way home for the brothers (yes we refer to the brothers as "the brothers" in my family. Don't be jealous). My Regional audition wasn’t until later that night around 5:45 and I literally spent the entire day worrying about it! It was some crazy not good stuff goin’ on there and my adrenaline levels were going through the roof!
When my mom and I finally left around 4:15, I was so nervous! My mom put on some How to Train Your Dragon music to try and help me calm down (which did help a little), but I just couldn’t stop shaking! When we were about five minutes away from the school where the audition was at Kaitlyn the flute player called me and said that there were tons of people that hadn’t shown up for their audition, so when I got there I would be the last one most likely to go and would be sent in right when I got there….. CRAP! I was not mentally prepared for this. So I got there, set up, warmed up, and headed over to the clarinet room.
Carly (the psycho 3rd chair clarinetist at my school who hates my guts.... remind me to tell you about her later) and Kaitlyn were sitting in the hallway, and having Carly and her mom sitting there listening outside the door during my audition made me sooo nervous! I got in there and played my scales pretty mediocre. My chromatic scale was pretty good, but once it was time to play my etudes my hands were shaking so badly that I screwed up on just about every single fast 16th note run I had. And my sight reading was just a mess. So I left feeling slightly defeated, but it was ok because my mom and I went to go see my Sydnee and have diner with her. It was so much fun, and it’s funny how as you get older you become better friends with your siblings. When I got home I checked my email and saw that Mr. Kozacek (my band teacher) had sent us all a list of who made the cut for Regionals. And guess what?
When my mom and I finally left around 4:15, I was so nervous! My mom put on some How to Train Your Dragon music to try and help me calm down (which did help a little), but I just couldn’t stop shaking! When we were about five minutes away from the school where the audition was at Kaitlyn the flute player called me and said that there were tons of people that hadn’t shown up for their audition, so when I got there I would be the last one most likely to go and would be sent in right when I got there….. CRAP! I was not mentally prepared for this. So I got there, set up, warmed up, and headed over to the clarinet room.
Carly (the psycho 3rd chair clarinetist at my school who hates my guts.... remind me to tell you about her later) and Kaitlyn were sitting in the hallway, and having Carly and her mom sitting there listening outside the door during my audition made me sooo nervous! I got in there and played my scales pretty mediocre. My chromatic scale was pretty good, but once it was time to play my etudes my hands were shaking so badly that I screwed up on just about every single fast 16th note run I had. And my sight reading was just a mess. So I left feeling slightly defeated, but it was ok because my mom and I went to go see my Sydnee and have diner with her. It was so much fun, and it’s funny how as you get older you become better friends with your siblings. When I got home I checked my email and saw that Mr. Kozacek (my band teacher) had sent us all a list of who made the cut for Regionals. And guess what?
I'm still super dissapointed in how my audition turned out (especially since Carly did better than me {barely} and has been rubbing it in my face today), but now I'm just practicing my butt off for All State! *big big sigh* Life is super crazy?
Yep. I think so.
P.S. I don't think anybody can argue the fact that Jeffrey Moss is the Bee's Knees... anybody? Anybody? :)
*"Beautiful Disaster", Kelly Clarkson






No comments:
Post a Comment