Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Love Outspoken People

Photobucket
I'm outspoken around those who I know won't become offended by what I have to say.
I have always envied those people who just flat out say what's on their mind regardless of who is listening. Ha ha, call me insane but I love those kinds of people! They're honest and real and you don't have to worry about some crazy facade they might be putting up just to please you.
So once I got home from school today I hopped onto Yahoo.com and clicked on one of their articles to read... it's habitual... I do it almost every day.
Today the List Article looked interesting, it was the 10 Most Irritating, Least Helpful Parenting Tips. :) I was excited when I opened the article to read, but oh boy... the lady who wrote this was hilarious!
I love it!
I will now proceed to share a few of my favorite excerpts from Mystery Mother Blogger:

"1. "Sleep now, because once that baby comes you'll never sleep again." Technically this is a pregnancy tip, of course, but I'm shoving it in here anyway. Yes, Great-Aunt Hildy, I will sleep throughout my entire third trimester. Because I am part bear."

"4. "Relish every moment of your baby's first years, because they'll be grown before you know it." You mean, time only moves forward? I had no idea! I thought we'd be like this forever and ever! This sort of advice, obvious and innocuous as it seems, always put me on the defensive, as if I had just been carrying my baby under my arm like a football, muttering, "Grow up already, why don't you. Just GROW UP.""

"8. "Your child isn't really sad/angry/injured. He's just manipulating you." There's no doubt that children can push our buttons as if they've had professional training in it, but the notion that my kid's authentic feelings are in fact manufactured to elicit a reaction really chaps my hide. If that were always true, he'd be a pint-sized sociopath. I'm pretty sure that's not the case."

"9. "Schools are just glorified prisons. If you loved your child, you'd homeschool." Oh, if only I loved my child enough to abandon my livelihood, tear him away from the community he so enjoys, separate him from the professionals who have dedicated their careers to childhood education, and forced him to stay home all day with me, where we'd be at each other's throats for hours! If only! Please note: I am not opposed to homeschooling, at all — in fact I wish it would work for us, but it would not."

"10. "If I were you, I'd just—" OH NO YOU DON'T. I know where this is going. Listen, unnamed distant acquaintance who last parented in the 19th century (it's true — I often get my unwanted advice from ghosts) you don't know diddly about my kid, and our relationship, and what works for us."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, this lady just put a smile on my face, she tells you how it is! :) And i totally agree with you Jadyn, i wish i could just say what i really feel like all the time without worring about what people think!

Stevens said...

Thanks for posting those tips Jadyn! I can relate to every one of them right now. I especially like number 10 cause I have been dealing with that recently and also number 4 cause my baby will be one soon =(

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs