Alright, so today was a bit of what you'd call a crazy day! The morning was slow and a bit chilly (since I wore my loose, short sleeve girls camp shirt), and it took me till second hour to realize that it was Monday not Wednesday... oops! Well, anyhow, in 3rd hour I got the oprotunity to play with Concert Band in the concert (December 4th if any of you were wondering... please come!) along with my group, Wind Ensemble! In case some of you didn't know, the order of bands at our school going from lowest to highest is Concert Band, Symphonic Band ,and Wind Ensemble. Apparently there is a song in wich Conert Band needs a little assistance in, so a few Clarinetists and Flutests were asked if they could learn the music along with their own and play with them in the concert. I'm excited! Ok, so after that I walked to seminary. I dropped my clarinet off in the classroom and ran to the bathroom. I didn't have a whole lot of time left before the seminary bell would ring so I kind of ran into the bathroom. So while I was still in the stall and everybody had left the motion-sensitive lights all shut off at the same time along with the air conditioing! I was so freaked out! I was alone in a stall in a completely silent, dark bathroom. I even made one of the squeaking noises that most girly girls make when they get scared. I really softly called out, "Hello?" as if someone might say, "Oh sorry, I didn't know someone was still in here!" and then turn the lights back on... but, alas, there was no such voice, just my weak echo. So, I finished in a scared slow motion (you know what I'm talking about. When you get scared you always do things in slow motion), so up slowly, almost noislessly put my bakcpack back on, and opened the door a crack so I could peek out. at the other end of the bathroom the security light was on, so it wasn't as dark by the sinks but I was still like a slug getting over to them. So I was washing my hands and the sensors realized that I was in there and both the lights and the air conditioning turned back on. This scared me more than the lights going off had. I threw my hands in the air and screamed. I'm also pretty sure that I splattered the mirror, but it all happened really fast. I got out of there as soon as I could! It was pretty embarassing walking in like five minutes laste to seminary, but Brother Blair didn't make a big deal out of it. So that was the lights out portion of my post.
Here is the heads together section. So I have this friend from church named Kyle. For the past three years he had been sneaking up behind me and grabing my shoulders. Sometimes he throws in a "Ra!" and every time I never fail to scream at the top of my lungs and do some kind of wierd ducking motion. I don't blame him for always doing it. I react so rediculously! Anyhow, my friend Mimi reacts in almost the same fashion and I think he discovered this when he was trying to scare me and accidentally scared her. So today when I was walking to 6th hour with her neither of us noticed Kyle coming up behind us. He put a hand on either of our shoulders and yelled "RA!" really loudly and we both screamed at the top of our lungs. In the confusion we both tilted our heads the same way and smacked skulls at top speed! Man did it hurt! My temple was throbbing and her poor forehead had a big red spot on it. At least Kyle had fun in during the whole thing. =) Last but not least, sixth hour is my Honors English class is by far my mostdifficult subject. So we were busy writing down and correcting our Shakespere vocabulary word when the fire alarm went off. It was like something in a movie! Every single person, even the boys, screamed, wide eyed, and threw their hands into the air. Pencils went FLYING! There was a moment of dead silence, except for the fire alarm of course, and then we all cracked up laughing. We were eventually herded out by Mrs. Salce, but it was truly a Holywood moment for us.
So... ya, that was my crazy Monday, let's hope that the rest of the week will be just as full of wonderful surprises.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That is SO awesome that you are only a freshman and already in the highest level for band. Way to go Jadyn! We will try to make it to your concert. Maybe Heidi will like all the music. Have a great rest of the week!
-Melissa
Post a Comment