Friday, August 22, 2008

Killer Crickets, Flying Highlighters, and 200 mph Birdies

Ok, so today was a super wonderful Friday, I must say! But, on the other hand, some very unusual things happened. I wonder if it's just me, because it's not Friday the 13th... Well, anyhow, I have Biology first hour and we were typing up our labs on the computer. It was all about Rollie Pollies and how they react to certain things (my group chose music), so we were trying to type them up in the computer lab, but we got kicked out twice! So we had to walk all over the campus to find someone who would let us use their computers. We ended up having to go into the Career Center in the front office. So here I am sitting at this computer and typing up my lab and (before I go on, I have to let you all know that I have a deathly fear of crickets... to the MAX) I look down and this GIANT cricket just falls out of the sky and next to my hand! Yes, out of the sky! I freaked out and didn't recover until like lunch time.
This is where the flying highlighter comes into my day. So I was eating my lunch and I guess one of the girls there had a big pink highlighter. "I really just want to throw this! But there are too many people around..." I didn't catch the rest though, because I was studying for my big French test. The next thing I knew, I felt something really hard smack me on the side of the face. It hit me so hard that my head even turned (if that makes any sense). I looked and that girl at me table had actually just randomly chucked the big pink highlighter. Of course it hit my face and I was cracking up! Now, the rest of the day was uneventful, but at Badminton practice today we had a visitor. It was a girl that had played Badminton like one or two years ago and was crazy good. Coach Jones even admitted that this girl was the best at smashes (if you play Volleyball then you have an idea what that is). So Coach Jones had us try and hit the smashes that this amazingly awesome Badminton player is hitting at us, and I'm not lying when I say that she was hitting them toward us at like 200 mph! My friend got hit with one of them and she had a big, raised purple welt on her calf! Well, that's all I have for today! So... bye!

1 comment:

Stevens said...

Hi Jadyn! Welcome to the blogging world! It is lots of fun and your page looks so cute! I am glad you are enjoying high school! It was nice to see you and your family last night!
-Melissa

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs