Thursday, August 27, 2015

California Dreamin'

I'm going to make a confession.
I haven't wanted to write.
I haven't wanted to write in a while.
Actually, I don't think I needed to confess that because it's been made pretty obvious by the fact that I haven't written in months!
So much has happened.
We are living in a whole different state!
A different state!
For the very first time in my life I am not living in Arizona and it is both incredible and awful.
It is so cool here. The weather is beautiful. I can't express how liberating it is to have the freedom to take a walk outside with Olivia at any given point in the day and not die the second I step out the door.
But I won't lie, it is a bit lonely.
The people here have been SO kind! Our ward has been so welcoming, and Taylor's student friends have been so friendly, and I really can't complain about anybody here, but...
I won't lie. I miss my mom. I miss my sister. I'll be real, it's the first time I've lived farther than 45 minutes from my family and it's hard. No matter how many times you call home or text your best friend you can really feel the miles.
Olivia is getting so big. SO BIG!
I took this picture of her today and I couldn't believe my eyes. She doesn't look like my little baby anymore, she looks like a little girl!
We took her to the beach over the weekend with Travis (yes! Mom and Travis flew Olivia out and stayed with us for the weekend... it was incredible and the hugest help to us... I have the best family ever!) and she hated it.
It was SO funny!
Poor girl. ;)
Her daddy will teach her to love it, I swear he has salt water coursing through his veins (though, if you ask him, we all do).
Really I'm just getting my thoughts metaphorically onto "paper" here...
It doesn't really have any direction to it.
Really, this is everything on my mind:
1. I have moved. Again. And it's scary.
2. I have moved. Again. And it's cool.
3. My baby is growing up, and I don't know how I feel about it.
4. I'm a little bit lonely.
5. I'm angry at myself for beaking down and cutting my hair last month. I love my pixie but I want to grow it out and now I'm back at square one.
6. I'm starting a new beauty regiment and we'll see how it goes. I'm one week in and so far I'm in love! I'll write about it in a few more weeks if it pans out.
Really this post wasn't for anybody but myself.
I think I just needed to remind myself how to write.
I should write here more often.
I always say that right before I take another journaling hiatus, but I really mean it!
(I apologize in advance if the next post isn't for another 5 months...)


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs