So this beautiful Sunday morning began as such...
I slept in a little later than I should have so I quickly jumped into the shower.
Upon leaving the shower I get a text from the Sister Missionaries asking if I could take a sweet sister investigator that we've met quite a few times to church with me.
Taylor was gone to work and so I had to rush a little bit to stay on top of the time (I tend to loose track of time... my sweet husband has no such problems).
So I rushed out of the door right at 10:59 (church starts at 11:00) and drove over to Susie So-and-So's apartment.
I knock.
They open the door just wide enough to peek half of their face out.
I say as cheerfully as I can that the Sisters said that they'd want a ride to church and that I was here to take them.
They laugh.
Shut the door in my face.
Awesome.
So I drive to church trying my best to keep the Spirit with me and not feel irked by my rude doorstep reception and pull into the church parking lot.
To my delight the congregation was still singing the opening hymn and so I hadn't been set back too late.
There wasn't much room in the chapel and so I sat down in the hallway to wait for the sacrament to start.
But then I look around and notice something a bit odd... nobody around me looks familiar.
I wasn't sure if this was just me not knowing my own ward very well or if something was going on...
The sacrament was administered, I read a bit of scripture, got a text from the Sisters about 30 minutes late that our friend didn't want to go to church after all, and then took a peek inside the chapel to see if I could find anywhere to sit.
Again, I noticed that nobody's face in the congregation looked familiar.
Hmm...
I then looked up at the stand and realized that not only was the congregation unfamiliar but the entire bishopbric as well! I was at the completely wrong ward!
It was like I was in an episode of the twilight zone! I was there at the right place, I was there at the right time, what was going on??
So now I'm here just working on a DIY project for the new house watching "The Saratov Approach" wondering what sort of parallel universe I've been sucked into. ;)
Also, on another note, Erika had her little baby boy on Wednesday!
Logan Thomas Peterson was born a little after 9:00 pm on September 10th and is healthy, chill, and BLONDE!
It's so insane to think that all of us are entering this new crazy stage of our lives but it's happening.
Alexa is back from her mission and Mimi will be back in just a few short months. Victoria is getting married in a month and both Erika and I are moms/moms to be!
I just pray that Heavenly Father will bless me to be up to accept the path He has chosen for me.





No comments:
Post a Comment