Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 29 Weeks

Whoops! Looks like it's been a while since I've made some updates on the development of Kerby #3! Without even realizing it we've already entered the THIRD TRIMESTER! Can you believe it? I really can't. It's all going by so fast!
So, ready or not... here we go!
 
Belly Picture?
Here it is! In all of its glory. I keep feeling like it just gets bigger and bigger every day and I love it! However, whenever I go out or see people I haven't seen in a while and they ask how far along I am, all they can do is go on about how tiny I am!
And every single time, it's like...
I never expected a comment on how NOT fat I look to be so disappointing and delegitimizing. I honestly haven't ever really struggled with body image issues (my body didn't really ever embarrass me, I was more worried and self conscious about my face or my hair or crap like that, but not my body...) and the same has held true for during pregnancy. There are moment of frustration when I can't fit into clothes, or course, but I never look in the mirror and feel ashamed of my bulging belly or pudging love handles or tiger-striped boobs. I'm cool with it. In fact, I LOVE my pregnant body, especially this crazy moving, sometimes lopsided little belly! Don't be afraid to tell me how fabulous it is. I know I've got nowhere to carry this child but out. ;)
 
How Big is Baby Girl?
At just over 15 inches long and at roughly 2 1/2 pounds this little lady is supposedly the size of a butternut squash! She is always moving around and it is so cute getting to catch a tiny glimpse of her little personality. Yesterday at our doctors appointment the nurse took out the Doppler machine to measure her heartbeat. They normally have a little warmer for the gel they use but she informed me that on that particular day they didn't have it. So yes, the gel was cold. I was cool with it, but holy cow was is a shock to baby girls' system! ;) She kept squirming away from the little probe, which was funny enough, but then she started kicking out like crazy... like she was trying to break out of my ribs or something! Finally they got a read on her heartbeat and all we could hear was sweet little flutter after flutter after flutter after THUMP!
Yes.
This little spitfire straight up kicked the probe RIGHT on the money!
I guess now we know now that she won't take crap from nobody. ;)
 
How is Mom?
Great!
Nausea has definitely become a regular part of our routine again but not NEARLY like it was in the first trimester! Really all it is now is I'll feel really really BLAH either first thing in the morning or right before bed (never both in the same day)
No new stretch marks (YAY for essential oils!)
Pretty much wearing maternity clothes exclusively (except for the occasional day where I decide I can squeeze into pre-pregnancy jeans with my little pregnancy band or my stretchy clothes... like leggings/maxi skirts/ etc.)
Pretty sore in my hips and low back, but with as far out as I'm carrying this kid I think that's to be expected.
My ribs are also pretty sore, but with as much monkey bar climbing she likes to do on them I think that's ALSO to be expected. ;)
 
How's that Good Night's Sleep?
Really not bad actually! I sleep through the night fine. No midnight trips to the bathroom or tossing and turning (actually, I really can't validate that last statement... you'd have to ask Taylor). I've been sleeping with a pregnancy boppy that I borrowed from Sydnee and it has done WONDERS! I was starting to get to a point a few weeks ago where I would just wake up sore and achey but the extra support on my lower body from the pillow has been awesome. I seriously love it!
 
Any Updates on the Food Situation?
Nah, same old same old. I'm more munchy than I used to be but the same "anything but red meat" and "always macaroni or buffalo wings" mantras still hold fast and true.
 
How's the Nesting?
GOSH! Don't even ask me about this one. I have had absolutely no outlet for all of these crazy nesting urges because we have officially decided that we are not going to be staying at our cozy little apartment. Yes, rent is raising on us and so the search for a new home has begun. And that means no organizing, no folding, no sorting, no decorating, no preparation whatsoever! GAH! It has made things very difficult on my part and my poor husband has to deal with results of it (basically I have become a very obsessive person over the cloth diaper stash... it's basically the only thing that I have to micromanage and he is the only person I have to talk to about it... poor guy).
 
Any Landmarks?
Well we officially started our Hypnobabies course! :) Does that count?
We have loved it so far. I am so in love with the concept that pregnancy is natural, normal, healthy, and safe. There is nothing wrong with me. I am not a patient. I'm not sick or infected. My body knows just how to have this baby, and all I have to do is relax and let it.
ALSO! We're taking some maternity pictures next month... we'll see how that goes! *fingers crossed*
 
Overall, What Are Some Thoughts on the 3rd Trimester?
Overall the third trimester isn't as scary as I thought it would be. Granted, I'm still only at 29 weeks so we'll see how I feel in another month or so, but I'm not nearly as miserable as I thought I would be! All is well, all is well!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs