Friday, June 10, 2011

They're Kind of an Annual Thing

Well I figured that I fit in a quick post before I turn 17 tomorrow morning... yes, you heard me correctly! 1-7!

Can you say oldy?

This next year will include my last year of High School, my last round of holidays as a child (particularly Christmas), going back to Desert Ridge, and who knows what else? All I know is that a few months ago I was banging my head on a wall begging to grow up faster and now I'm on my knees in front of that wall crying, "I take it all back!"

Honestly, where has all the time gone? I mean, am I really old enough to be a Senior? No WAY! I still feel like I'm in 8th grade! I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on responsibilities, and titles, and grown up crap. Am I really ready to be a... "big kid"?

Who knows! But, hey, getting old can't be all bad can it? I mean, you can't stop getting zits until you get old, you can't drive to QT (I actually prefer Sonic, but hey) and get a drink just for the heck of it until you're old, you can't talk gangsta until you're old (or black), you can't date cute boys until you're old (because really, High School boys? Only a select few of them are darling enough to drool over, and they all go to Basha... which I am leaving... for Desert Ridge... all my Desert Ridge homies, I hope you know what I am giving up for you :) ), so yep. I guess I can be happy again. Only one more year and I'll be an old fart, for now I'm just plain old. :)

Plus I've learned a lot from being 16!

Lots of stuff!

Like how to have fun on interesting (to say the least) dates, how to get a six pack in ten minutes, how to make friends, how to sing and play clarinet well. I've also rediscovered my love of theatre! I discovered more of my own unique style and got to know myself better as a person, as well as my Savior. I've met so many people, done so many things, and accomplished so many goals, and for that I'll forever be grateful for the past year that Heavenly Father has dished out on me. :) Even if I didn't always have the best attitude about it, it has been the most difficult and rewarding year of my entire life HANDS DOWN! I came out a much stronger and better person.


On a totally different note would you like to know what I did on Wednesday for the first time? Guess... what's that? The lake you say? Why yes! That's exactly right!

I went to the lake for the very first time in my entire 16 3/4 years of living! Now I know what you're all thinking, and no, this doesn't count.

This was my very first time on a boat, on the lake, doing lake stuff. For Whitley's birthday we (we being me, Whitley, Whitley's sister Chelsea, and Chelsea's friend Megan) all went with her grandpa on his boat to the lake and went tubing and knee boarding. Holy fun times! Basically me and Whitley were the tubing masters, and even though I'm more sore than I ever have been in my entire exhistance and have a small bruise under my right eye from conking heads with her on a jump it was one of the most fun things I've ever done! The knee boarding was another story. Probably 30 agonizing were spent trying to get me to get the hang of that dang activity. Plus my knees are toast from kneeling on that velcrow (sp) strap. NEVERTHELESS I had a blast! That's one more thing to cross off of my bucket list and one more thing to add to my list of favorite activities! I can't wait to go again!


P.S. I apologize for the small pictures. Photobucket and I are not exactly seeing eye to eye at the moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jadyn!! You are 17! Let's pretend today is yesterday, so I can say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :D

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs