Sunday, February 14, 2010

Life Will Be a Fairytale... in Time

May I just say something?
Today was a really lovely Sabbath afternoon until I realized that today was Valentines day.
I was nestled on top of my made bed with a warm corny bag, a folded quilt over my lap and a good book until it hit me... blech.

As you may have guessed, I really really don't like Valenties day, and I don't plan on liking it until I'm married, because until then it'll just be the same single-awareness hoilday that it is.
When I'm married hopefully it'll be different, and I'll get a lovely kiss goodmorning and a pretty vase filled little yellow daffodils (my favorite flower) and a yummy breakfast or fun romantic dinner date. :) I read Alexa Dyan's blog post from Tuesday before I wrote this post and it made me all giddy and girly, and it made me wonder... what is MY future going to be like?
Will it be as wonderful as Alexa Dyan's cute little fantasy, or will it just beplain and unromantic and stressful and sad?

All I have to say is that there 'aint no way in heck I'm going to let myself have an awful future like that!
It's going to be lovely, and cute, and romantic, and precious, and challenging yet rewarding.

I'm going to live in a house thatwe can afford, yet love, and I'm going to decorate it with vintagey damask furniture. I'm going to raise my kids to be good. (I think I'd cry myself to sleep every night if my kids were brats)
I really really really would love to have a dog. :)

And last, but certainly not least, I'm going to find a man that is perfect for me. We are going to fal in love, and then get married in the temple, and then we will stay in love. Even when we are cute-wrinkly-old-people we will still love each other like newly weds. my husband will be a man who:

  • won't mind folding the laundry... because he knows how much I HATE folding laundry.
  • will have big strong hands that are perfect for rubbing my feet/back.
  • won't be self conscious about singing.
  • will have a super strong testimony of the gospel (return missionary).
  • will be spontaneous. Not in a reckless way, but the kind of spontaneous that will call me during my lunch break for a lunch “date”, or the kind of spontaneous that will walk in from work and see me sitting in the family room in my comfy clothes (fitted tee-shirt and sweat pants), my hair a mess, doing my insane-o college homework and furiously running my fingers through my messy hair and say, “How was your day?” and then I’ll say, “Don’t even ask!” Then he’ll come behind me, kiss me on the cheek and place a bouquet of lovely flowers in my lap and say, “I love you so much sweetheart, tomorrow will be better”... that would be nice.
  • makes me laugh. Seriously, life is boring without laughter.
    - is a really good cook... 'nuf said.
  • will be tall, like at least eight inches taller than me. Strange, yes, but I'm attracted to tall guys.
  • is fun and outdoorsy.
  • has good taste and won't mind my interior decorating ideas.
  • will be grown up and mature enough to turn the other cheek... but man enough to defend me if needed.
  • will be super kind and will never use the words stupid, dumb, blonde, retarted, stupid, slow... or STUPID when talking about me.
  • will not only love the gospel but will be excited by it.

Whomever he is, he's ging to be perfect for me, and I can't wait for meet him, and I'm thankful that he's living worthily enough to live up to my expectations.

P.S. I really wish I could ditch on the Valentines school days. The cafeteria is covered with hearts and the courtyard is filled with maker-outers.

P.P.S. I love getting things on sale. I went to Bath and Body Works and got like seven free bottles of lotion! SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I love this post! Can we print it out and read it in YW?!?!? Its really great to read your list and then be able to appreciate having MOST of those characteristics in my man :) As far as the good cook... um, not so much. Oh well! :)

kami said...

i loved this. you remind me so much of myself when i was your age!

you will meet your prince charming - make sure you keep making good choices and you will have the fairytale life you want! of course it is not always easy and there are bumps along the road, but as long as you and your husband stay close to each other and to God, nothing can break you apart. i also liked looking at the list of characteristics and thinking, "yep, i got that!" you will get it too :)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs