Alright, so before I go into why I'm so proud, I need to explain my dogs' shared fear of water. Ever since Rylee was a puppy she absolutely HATED water! Once she got big enough to jump out of the bathtub it was nearly impossible to give her a bath, and every time I'd turn the hose on, she'd hide until I turned it off. When we got Jazee, it was the same thing, if not worse. I can't even be holding Jazee around water, whereas Rylee is calm no matter what's happening around her, as long as she's being held.So, now that you all are aware of this strange fear that BOTH of my Corgis posses, here is my story. It was Sunday afternoon (about 2 hours before church) and my brothers ran up to me. I could barely make out what they were saying to me except "Come....... See....... Dogs!" I got a little worried and I asked what had happened and they said "Sprinklers! Hurry! You won't believe it!" I ran outside (in my Sunday-Best) and there are my puppies, soaking wet, tongues hanging out, loving life. I'd never seen them look happier. When I asked what happened I couldn't believe my ears (as if I couldn't already believe my eyes), "The sprinklers came on and Jazee took off into the grass. Rylee followed her and they just started running around and playing and chasing each other in the sprinklers!" It was a miracle! In all their four years of living, NEVER have they voluntarily played in water! I seized the opportunity and grabbed the camera, so here's proof that Rylee and Jazee, in fact, got-wet.
Look at how calm and content she is! What's the catch???
Oh SNAP, look at that look! I can't tell if it's a pained expression, or more of a don't-be-so-surprised look.
It amazes me how gorgeous Rylee is, even from above she's stunning.
Jazee's a cute little girl herself, isn't she? I'm proud of her, she's catching on to the fact that when Jadyn's holding a camera, she needs to hold-still.
Look at that stare, talk about intensity.
Let me just take the time to say... look at how much weight this girl's lost so far?!!
Can you guess which wet spot wet spot belongs to which dog?
I'll give you a hint:
- Jazee lies down with her arms underneath her body and her front paws together. She's also usually on her belly.
- Rylee lies down with her front arms sprawled in front of her with her elbows jutting out. She's also usually half on her side, half on her belly.
Yep, that's right, the left one belongs to Jazee and the right belong to Rylee. So ya, that's why I'm so immensely proud: my dogs VOLUNTARILY played in the water.




1 comment:
Cute Jadyn, I'm glad that they overcame their fear of water. I like your pictures of the wet spot too, that is funny.
Post a Comment