Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Olivia's Two Years Old!

And just like that I blinked my eyes and she was TWO!!! 
Don't ask me how it happened, I can't figure it out.
No matter how it happened (probably all the feeding we do or something...) it's here, we're officially the parents of a toddler, not a baby. 😭 Every day she looks more and more to me like a big kid and It's so insane to me!
I thought I would have more time!
More than missing her being little though, parenting a toddler is a whole different ball game from parenting a baby and it's been such a learning curve for me. I'm still trying to figure it out! Basically every day I feel like I'm failing at something but looking back at her baby days I can see that I felt the exact same way and I ended up doing pretty alright there.
So here it is, Olivia's TWO YEAR OLD update. 

1) What is something that Mommy says to you? *in a low growls voice* I babaaaam  ("I'm batman 😂)
1) What is something that Daddy says to you? *in a low growls voice* I babaaaam  ("I'm batman 😂)
2) What makes you happy? Ee, Aye, Ee, Aye, Ee, Ayyyye (I don't even know...)
3. What makes you sad? *fake cry voice* I sad...
4. What makes you laugh? *cheesey smile and a fake laugh*
5. How old are you? TOOWAH! *holds up five fingers*
6. How old is Mommy? ...toowah?
7. How old is Daddy? Toowah, Daddy? TWO DADDY!
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Howeeeeen!
9. Who is your best friend? Penny... Gukee... Warney... Austey...
10. What are you really good at? Uh...daddy!
11. What did you do today? Howeeeeen!
12. What is your favorite food? Yih-yah eat??? (What do you like to eat?) Yih-yah applebee (apple sauce)
13. What is your favorite song? Iyah sing! Iss goood! Do do do do do do do
14. What is your favorite color? I want counoo! Uh...buh bus? (School bus, she later informed me that her favorite color is blue, but to be fair she thinks every color is blue)
15. What is your favorite animal? Aunt Ommy?
16. What did you dream about? GUKEE! (You dreamed about Decker?)  Yeah... He pinchoo...
17. What is your favorite toy? Uh, PIYAH?!? (Piano)
18: What is your favorite fruit? Uh fwoot? I eat it!!
19. What is your favorite book? Oh bup, oh bup, I weed it.
20. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Da syide!!

Lol, she's still a little small for this so here are some of MY answers/translations...

1) What is something that Mommy says to you? I don't know, I'm just grateful she didn't say something like "Mommy always says NO!" But I won't lie, I was hoping she'd say something sweet like "I love you"... 😉
1) What is something that Daddy says to you? This one probably isn't actually that far off!
2) What makes you happy? Olivia loves to "go"! She loves getting outside, or going for a drive, or even running errands, she just loves getting out of the house! Lots of times she'll find me and bring me my shoes to put on so we can go somewhere... 😆
3. What makes you sad? HA! She's two, what doesn't make her sad? Even things that make her happy can make her sad, it all just depends. But as a rule of thumb she can be pretty sensitive so we have to be careful not to raise our voice too stern with her when she's in trouble or it completely crushes her spirit!
4. What makes you laugh? She looooves being silly! Silly faces/voices, pretending to be asleep, tickling, funny dancing, running... You name it, it probably cracks her up. She definitely inherited her daddy's spot on sense of humor!
5. How old are you? Yeah, she knows she's two...the problem is now she thinks everyone else is also two!
6. How old is Mommy? Close, 22
7. How old is Daddy? Not quite... 25
8. What is your favorite thing to do? She loves anything that gets her out of the house or coloring. 
9. Who is your best friend? She adores all her little friends from nursery and always asks if she can play at their houses. She also asks all the time if she can look at pictures/watch videos of her cousin Warner and daily asks if she can visit her uncle Austin.
10. What are you really good at? Olivia is really good at figuring things out. She's always been able to problem solve really well and figure out how things work.
11. What did you do today? HA! Not much, she took a bath and did a lot of independent play while mommy tried to tackle the monster mess in our kitchen and get the laundry ready to be washed.
12. What is your favorite food? She's an awesome eater but recently she's been asking a lot for toast, donuts, cupcakes, and candy (thanks a lot Halloween!)...we usually settle for toast
13. What is your favorite song? Her latest thing is to sing the lyrics to every song to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (or "ABCs"), but "Wheels on the Bus" always gets her moving! She also loves "Three Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree", and "Speckled Frogs", but her number one favorite song is "Can't Stop The Feeling" by Justin Timberlake. She calls it "Daddy Song" (don't ask me why 😂) and asks for it on repeat all day everyday.
14. What is your favorite color? She seems to gravitate towards blues, pinks/reds, and yellows, but the one that she always gravitates toward is green. I'm pretty sure in a few months that'll be her answer.
15. What is your favorite animal? She loves cats and dogs! She also loves bunnies and mice and sheep (from her books) and always loves to point them out.
16. What did you dream about? She usually tells me that she either dreamed about one of her friends or Batman. My favorite was once when she told me that she dreamed that she was Supergirl and Austin was Batman!
17. What is your favorite toy? She loooves this little cat piano toy our friends Shelby and Kay gave her for her birthday! She also loves balls and stuffed animals, she's always hugging them and talking to them in a baby voice.
18: What is your favorite fruit? She's obsessed with strawberries, but she also loves dates! Really she eats pretty much any kind of fruit we give her.
19. What is your favorite book? She loves the Mouse and the Red Ripe Strawberry book, Corduroy, Pete the Cat's Train Ride, her Baby Owl book, her book of nursery rhymes, and any of her Halloween themed books. 
20. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Probably playing at the park, she loves swinging and going down slides!

Some other fun things about Olivia at two years old are...

•Her favorite song is "Can't Stop The Feeling" by Justin Timberlake... She calls it "Daddy Song" (don't ask me why 😂) and asks for it every day multiple times a day!
•Olivia loves to color and it's pretty evident if you look closely enough at our walls... 😅 She even gets upset if we are at a restaurant that the waitress is "coloring" our order and she doesn't get to! Her favorite thing is to have you trace her hand and feet. I was writing in my planner the other day and she saw me, ran over, and slapped her hand down in the middle of the page waiting to have her hand drawn, lol!
•Olivia loves nursery, and thank heavens for that!! For a while there she screamed so loud when we dropped her off that you could hear her down the hall! Now it's her favorite thing ever and she'll ask me multiple times a day when she gets to go back.
•Whenever I cook dinner (or any kind of food for that matter) she always has to be right there next to me helping. Sometimes it's cute and sometimes it complicated things just a bit. 😉
•Olivia is still an awesome eater! She eats basically whatever we eat and isn't bothered by spicy or minty tastes. She'll eat practically anything dipped in salsa, once she refused to eat her peanut butter sandwich unless I gave her some salsa with it... Yuck! 
•She is finally wearing 2T clothes, meaning she's officially outgrown her clothes being sized by "months" and it kind of really breaks my heart!
•I try not to put on too much TV for her, but Olivia's favorite shows still include The Very Hungry Caterpillar ("pillar") and has now expanded to The Magic School Bus ("buh-bus")... And I kind of love it! She also really likes watching a couple YouTube family vloggers ("kids" or "cute baby") every now and again.
•Olivia LOVES being outside!! Like, she could live outside if I let her! It kind of breaks my heart that we don't have a backyard for her to play in because I know that she would be in heaven if we did. Whenever we visit AZ all she wants to do at any of our families' houses is run straight for the backyard. I really love that she loves the outdoors and I hope she never loses it.
•Livee is obsessed with babies... Like, OBSESSED!!! She always points out babies when we're out and about, she's always mothering her little stuffed animals, and a couple of weeks back when one of the YouTubers had a baby she watched the birth video over and over and over again! It was adorable! She keeps telling us that Santa will bring her a baby for Christmas and I can only hope she means a doll... 😂
•Since she's been talking more, our family has a whole new set of "vocabulary"... It's hilarious how all of a sudden you can become so fluent in a whole new version of English when you have a toddler! Some of Olivia's words are...
* "Yih-Yah" - Olivia
* "War-Nee" - Warner
* "Bam-Ma" - Grandma
* "Wah-Wee" - Water
* "Dih-Bin" - Blanket
* "Uh-Oh" - Binkie 
* "Bun" - Any Hairstyle 
* "Cuh-Noo" - Color
* "Muhp" or "Mowp" - Milk
* "Dooce" - Juice
* "Fwoot" - Fruit
* "Applebee" - Apple
* "Nee-Nee" - Banana
* "Tih-Tin" - Chicken 
* "Tow-ss" - Toast
* "Hai-Wee" - Scary
* "Buh-Bus" - School Bus
* "No-Swee" - Nursery
* "Seen-Nen" - Singing
* "Bah-Bam" - Batman
* "Baw-f" - Bath
* "Pee-Yah" - Piano
* "Poo-Poo" or "Poopy" - any kind of dirty diaper, poopy or not

We love this tenacious, sensitive, funny, smart, crazy little girl! She's our little party crasher and honestly, two years in, I can say for certain that she's made the party ten times better! 
Happy birthday sweet girl!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs