I guess I'd better upload some photos and say some stuff now that Olivia is already a month old, huh? :)
Ha ha, when she was just one week old a friend of mine came over to take some newborn shots of her. I met Susie when she photographed my friend Erika's wedding. I booked her then and there to do our wedding and she has done all of our photos ever since! She saw us through all of the stages of our little family so far - engagement, wedding, maternity, and now newborn.
She wasn't too happy about the pictures at first. ;)
We had to take a break so that she could eat and fall asleep.
The only way this cute little stinker would be good for the pictures was if she was swaddled, so we didn't get any cute naked baby pictures, just cute baby burrito ones.
Our nursery isn't really that close to being finished, BUT this one little corner is... ;)
...which I'm fine with because it's really the only corner we need right now. She's still just a couple of months too young to enjoy board books so it's okay that the bookshelf isn't filled and organized and she still sleeps in her bassinet in our room and naps in the pack 'n' play and so it's okay that the crib is filled with things that still need to be hung on the walls.
And speaking of her bassinet, this is one of my favorite things right now... I think it's so special! Taylor's Grandpa Webb who is a retired carpenter made this for him when he was born. So Olivia gets to be rocked in the exact same crib that her dad was rocked in when he was a baby. I love that his Grandparents held onto it and let us have it for her. :)
Olivia with her name sake... Taylor's Grandma Ruth. :) We kept Olivia's full name a secret until she was born so that Grandma could be surprised. Needless to say she is elated to have her first great grandchild named after her! :)





























No comments:
Post a Comment