I'm done explaining myself to you people.
I have a life now.
I work two jobs, I have a boyfriend, I just did a move, and finished up a summer online course.
So yes, my journaling has sucked.
Not sorry.
Was busy living life.
Things I learned?
1. Secretary work is less mundane than I thought it would be. It's kind of the best of all parts of the office. Not only do you get to snoop through everybody's mail, but you get to answer phones, sign for packages, and do all of the odd jobs that people in higher departments don't feel like doing. :D (ha ha, not really... but for realz...)
2. If you didn't catch on, I just got a temp job to work for Trend/Ryland homes for three weeks as their stand-in secretary. In all seriousness, it is the best job I have ever had! I feel so grown up, and it is so much fun, and the people there are fantastic, and it just makes me so sad to think that pretty soon there is a chance I may not be working with my little buddy as much anymore. :/
3. Kissing is much more fun than I thought it would be. I didn't kiss once in High School, never even came close, and honestly? I was missing out. It's pretty dang awesome. Was I surprised? Yes. Do I feel jipped? Not really. Would I do it over again if I given the chance? My first kiss was perfect... not a chance.
4. I am becoming a master at speed decorating! I've had to re-arrange my bedroom in this new home not once, not twice, but THRICE! Every single time with record speed and impeccable decorative taste. My future home/apartment/town home/van down by the river someday is going to be SUH-cute!
5. I have been getting the urge to craft lately... like, hardcore. I already have two projects on my to-do-very-soon list: make these, and refinish the end table in my bedroom. I work with the son of the woman whose tutorial you should have clicked on (if you didn't... go do so, and do so NOW! This silly post will still be here when you get back!) and she is AMAZING with crafts! I have the good fortune to receive some of her tips, knowledge, and leftover craft items and when she had two extra slat boards from a court of honor she offered to let me take them and decorate them! (she even printed out the vinyl after I designed it... how amazing is she?) And the end table has been needing to be done for AGES, but really I'm also just giving myself practice for when I am someday brave enough to try refinishing my piano... :)
This was my design for the two slat boards... Aren't they darling??? I'll be sure to post about it when they're finished!
6. Speaking of Lois, I am in LOVE with her! And, you know, Taylor too, but honestly? That piano is GORGEOUS!!! She may be out of tune, but I've heard worse and there's nothing that a little tune-job can't fix. The first night I had her I sat down with some wet wash cloths and wiped off all of her keys and already she looks at least one thousand times less dingy than she did before... I felt like a mother giving her baby its first bath... all you new mothers don't start with me, I know it isn't the same... I was just trying to make a humorous simile.
7. Speaking of which, I have been baby hungry as of late. And not in the way you think. Calm down. No, all I want is for somebody ELSE to have a baby for me! I just need a few hours snuggling a tiny brand-spankin'-new baby to appease my craving, is that too much to ask? Anybody want to volunteer their children?
8. I am officially NiNeTeEn years old!!! It wasn't that huge of a deal, we were driving back down from our trip to Texas and so birthday celebrations weren't a huge priority. However, I did receive these beauties thanks to my favorite T-Kerbs and my sweet friend Chi who was house/dog-sitting for us. She was lovely enough to let him into our house so that he could strategically place the flowers before I got there so that they would be waiting when I got home... honestly? I don't want to be one of those girls, but how. Great. IS. He?
9. Oh yeah, speaking of which... we went on a road trip to Texas and it was totes bomb. As soon as I figure out how to upload the picture off of my mom's new camera I will write a separate post about that one because it deserves it! :) Until then, just know that we had fun...
And partied really hard...
The rest will have to wait until another day.
10. I have nothing else to add other than the fact that Erika is getting married in a week and a half, and Mimi is leaving for Italy only a short month or two after that, and people are growing up and it's crazy but exciting, and it's also time for me to get a haircut. I can't have a shaggy mane for Erika's wedding pictures! Speaking of which... can we please address one more time that Erika is getting MARRIED?!? Pretty soon we'll all have hot hubbies, and adorable little chunky babies, and messy houses, and we'll all sit around in a circle or rocking chairs with our little ones and reminisce about princess times past... it will be glorious.
Stay tuned for a Texas post and an upcoming WEDDING post! :)
It's gonna be great, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be greeeaaaat!








No comments:
Post a Comment